Page Nav

Monday 7 September 2015

A Happy Tenant...

On Thursday last week, a very happy tenant came into our Bristol office. Adam, a previously unemployed refugee from Sudan, started showing the support workers photos of his new workplace, with a beaming smile on his face.


We were really happy to hear about Adam’s success in finding a job and wanted to share it with you via a short interview shown below.


Could you tell us a bit about your background – where were you living before Ashley Community Housing (ACH) & why did you come to ACH?

I was in Liverpool two years ago – I have friends there. I came to Bristol to find a job. I heard about ACH from a friend.

What support did you receive at ACH and how has this helped you?

Big things – anything and everything. I got a GP, help with the Job Centre and finally, found work.

How has the support and training you received helped you now?

I had no job and I was coming for support with my job search every week. The support team helped me improve my CV and apply for jobs.

What have you been doing since leaving ACH/moving on?

I am so happy because I am working which is my dream. I have a good job, I am so happy with my job.

Is there anything else you would like to share?

Thank you for your help. 

Adam’s story is an example of how somebody can turn their life around quickly with the right support and personal dedication. Since being at ACH, Adam has engaged well with the services we offer, coming regularly to our weekly Job Club and making the most of his support worker.


The majority of people worldwide want to work and provide for themselves and their families. Many refugees have been through traumatic experiences and yet still have the determination to support themselves and to settle in a new and often scary environment.


Adam asked not to be photographed, but we wanted to say congrats to Adam and good luck in your job!


#RethinkingRefugee #RefugeesWelcome #WeCan






No comments:

Post a Comment