Page Nav

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Meet the Team: Marketing and Communications Intern

This week's 'Meet the Team' landed upon Aletia, a member of the ACH Bristol office.

Aletia (right) with fellow intern Matilda (left) hard at work


Tell us a bit about yourself…

I'm from Bristol... a recent graduate in Global Development & Sustainability. I am interested in a range of topics, from International Development, to climate change awareness, to homelessness in the UK.

Tell us about your job?

I am doing a three month internship in Marketing & Communications. My main tasks include social media, writing for the website, PR and internal communications.

What do you like about ACH and why?

I like the diversity of the company. Putting together a group of people with different working styles, ideas, skills and backgrounds creates an exciting workforce where change and innovation is constant. Things do not become stagnant and the focus always seems to remain on positivity and solutions.

What do you like doing on a rainy day?

In Bristol we’re used to the rain: life carries on as usual!

What was the best thing that happened to you this past week?

I’ve just come back from a training weekend, as in October I’m heading to El Salvador for 3 months. Meeting my fellow volunteers got me really excited for going away.

What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work?

Seeing friends, seeing live music and relaxing.

Does your name have a special meaning and or were you named after someone special?

My name means ‘truth’ and my parents were inspired by a good friend of theirs called Alethia.

Sadly, Aletia will be leaving us soon to volunteer overseas. We are currently recruiting for somebody to fill her position, as well as recruiting for a Corporate Communications and Events Intern. 
If you are interested in either of these roles, please click here to find out more and to apply.

Thanks for reading! Next week we will be back in Birmingham to meet another member of the ACH team. Follow our blog to avoid missing out on news and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment